Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So Long, Farewell, Adiue, Adios, Si Yu'os Maase, God bless!

Well, here we are, the last day of the course. How fast that time flies. This has been a very interesting course. Yes, from the start there was alot of stress and resentment (I know that this is a strong word), but I am so glad with myself in sticking it out, class became very enjoyable, with the modification to the class it made it easier for us who stayed to continue on and not worry about what needed to be submitted. The activities that were added are very interesting and some thought provoking. I see now that I can challenge myself more and my students without the worry of a burn out. In the small group activity, the webbing, it was fun and showed me how much I can work with other people, I am a person who does things on his own, but this one activity showed that I can expand my horizons to be open to new ideas. Its funny that I feel this is the end of a school year, even though that it is a one day a week class, there is a closeness made with the other classmates. This Class I will say is the first that I made it a point to be at, perfect attendance which is rare for me, but I did it. I have to admit that there was less preparation that I did but I felt that I did get more out of the class than what I expected.

My last quote is: "Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
- John Quincy Adams

This quote has new meaning for me, at the very start I wanted to give up because of the demand of the class and then work. But, as I started telling myself that there is a benefit to be gained I decided that the best way to get it is keep coming to class and just be patient. Well, here it is, I made and I am HAPPY that I did. Thank you Dr. Rivera for your time and for sharing your knowledge. God bless you and take care.

No comments: