Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Final Class-Adios

This class has been one of a rollercoaster ride, but managed to stay because I felt that I wanted to continue to improve professionally in my teachings for my students. I believe that I have participated fully and attended ALL sessions. This class has helped me in thinking further on how to improve in my teaching skills. It has been an active session in which we all participated and engaged in activities to help each other in understanding the skills.

I tried to use the webbing in my math class, not done yet. I will further use it in the second quarter. I think this technique will help my students understand the rules, skills, and operations in math. THank you Dr. Rivera.

I really enjoy the poem readings. Will use it in my math class as a break when I feel that the students are frustrated or overwhelmed with a particular math skill. It will help them relax and not be too tense with Math.

My quote: "The most successful men in the end are those whose success is the result of steady accretion...it is the man who carefully advances step by step, with his mind becoming wider and wider-and progressively better able to grasp any theme or situation-who is bound to succeed in the greatest degree." Alexander Graham Bell

My interpretation on this quote is that one who has great Determination and Zest for success...accepts what end result will reflect on the result and try again and again until he/she feels that the end result is for the good of all and not just the few! For example in the classroom, one would feel that teaching all chapters in the book is teaching, but did it improve the good of all and not just the few!

Thank you Dr. Rivera. Come back again ok. Take care of yourself and BE HAPPY!

No comments: